3 hours to prepare Serves 10-12
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can black beans, undrained
- 1 can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- Cheese (for garnishing)
- Lime (for garnishing)
- In a large skillet, add ground beef, onion, green pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin. Cook for 7-10 minutes, or until beef is browned and onion and green peppers are tender.
- Pour beef mixture into the slow cooker and stir in beans, green chilies, corn, tomatoes, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Serve up hot with fresh squeezed lime juice and cheese sprinkled on top!
Recipe adapted from The Southern Lady Cooks