This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is extra-easy when made in the crock pot, and just as irresistible and delicious as always!
- 1 (8-ounce) block reduced-fat cream cheese, roughly cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese*
- 3 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup hot sauce** (I recommend Frank’s)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions (about 3 green onions)
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning***
- (optional toppings: extra crumbled blue cheese, thinly-sliced green onions, chopped celery, and/or a drizzle of hot sauce)
Spray the inside of the bowl of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
Add all ingredients to the bowl of the slow cooker, and stir until combined. (You can also stir the ingredients together in a separate bowl, and then transfer that to the bowl of the slow cooker afterwards.)
Cook on high for 1.5 – 2 hours, or until the cheeses are all melted. (Alternately, you can also cook this on low for 3-4 hours, or until the cheeses are all melted.) Give the dip a good final stir, then transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with extra blue cheese and green onions if desired. Serve with chips or your desired dippers.
*If you do not like blue cheese, I recommend starting with just 2 ounces blue cheese. Then once the mixture has cooked, give it a taste, and you can always add more.
**If you do not like much spice/heat, I recommend starting with 1/2 cup hot sauce. Then once the mixture has cooked, give it a taste, and you can always add more.
***If you do not have ranch seasoning, you can instead use 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon onion powder.