- 1 cup warm water
- 1 TBSP yeast
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2½- 3 cups flour
- 1½- 2 cups Ragu® Six Cheese Pasta Sauce + more for dipping
- 2½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups total pizza toppings- mini pepperoni, diced ham, sliced olives, and pineapple tidbits, etc.
- Combine warm water, yeast and sugar in a mixing bowl and let sit for about 3-4 minutes, until yeast is bubbling up. Add in oil, salt and flour. Start with 2½ cups of flour, then add more until the dough cleans the sides of the mixing bowl. (I use a mixer for this part as it makes it just so much easier!) Continue mixing for an additional 3-4 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place for 15 minutes. In cold weather, I like to turn my oven on for about 3 or 4 minutes, then turn it off and let my dough rest in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray counter top with non-stick cooking spray and roll dough out into a large rectangle about ¼” thick. Top with Ragu® Pasta Sauce and spread to coat dough. sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Add pizza toppings- I did a section of dough for pepperoni pinwheels, another section with just cheese and a third with ham and pineapple. Top with another 1 cup of cheese.
- Starting with one of the long sides of the rectangle, roll dough up tightly, pinching the seams to close at the end. Use a sharp, thin knife to cut 1½” sections of dough from the large roll. This will result in about 15 pinwheels.
- Set pinwheels on a large greased baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese. Return to oven for an additional 1-2 minutes, until cheese is melted and rolls are just beginning to turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with warmed Ragu® Pasta Sauce to dip on the side.