- 3-5 pound beef roast
- Olive oil
- 1 can low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 cup (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 stalks celery; chopped
- 1 heaping tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- 2 pounds sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbsp butter; divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 31/2 +/- cups liquid from roast
- Salt/pepper/garlic to taste
- In a hot pan, add a small amount of olive oil and sear the roast on all sides.
- Remove from heat. In a slow cooker, add roast and all the remaining ingredients under the roast directions.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve dinner, remove roast from slower cooker and set aside allowing it to rest.
- In the same pan that you seared the roast with earlier, add one tbsp butter and one tbsp olive oil.
- Pull up any stuck on bits from searing the roast.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté them?about 6 minutes, give or take.
- Once cooked to your personal liking, remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Return pan to heat and add two tbsp butter and melt.
- Slowly add 2 tbsp flour, whisking to create a roux.
- Once the roux is in a paste-like consistency, slowly add the liquid from the roast, making sure to incorporate the roux completely.
- Add the reserved mushrooms and any liquid from resting.
- If needed, add any salt, pepper, and/or garlic.
- Bring to a low boil and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve mushroom sauce over sliced beef roast.