The most creamy and cheesy soup that is loaded with ground beef, potatoes and carrots. This soup is a family-favorite!
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small white or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk ( I use 2%)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 oz.) package Velveeta processed cheese, cubed OR 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, dried basil and parsley in a large crock pot. Pour chicken broth over vegetables. Cover with lid. Cook on low heat 6 to 8 hours OR on high heat 4 to 5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- About 45 minutes before serving, cook and crumble ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain any grease. Pour cooked ground beef into crock pot. Carefully wipe out hot skillet with a paper towel then add butter. When butter is melted whisk in flour and cook until golden brown and bubbly (about 1 minute.) Whisk in the milk, salt and pepper. Pour mixture into the crock pot and stir to combine everything.
- Add the cubed velveeta cheese or shredded cheese to crock pot. Stir again. Cover with lid and cook another 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Cook Time: 6 to 8 hours (because all crock pots heat differently)